Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Life and loosing friends

Today life and that infinite plan God has for all of us hit home. I received some very, very sad news today a close friend whom I have umpteen hundreds of great life happenings with has past away at the tender age of 44. Tom McGonigal. Tommy was a man of wisdom, compassion and generosity that I have seen few equal in my 41 years on this planet. He shared where he could, he loved where he did and changed people views on life just by being the person he was. I came to meet Tom McGonigal through a close friend Darryl Balasko or "DB" as he is affectionately known. Tom and I instantly hit off and we shared great moments on life, friends and events. In the past few years he had been living in Vancouver and we had only gotten together a few times but they were good moments of life. Tom was a positive and upbeat guy with a deep appreciation for life - Laurel his partner, his friends and family. I saw him just 2 weeks ago he came to visit his brother (who had suffered a mild heart attack) and in that true "Tommy" form we had great laughs and chuckles and spoke glowingly with lots of humour and belly chuckles about Grey Cup (he was BC Lion fan), mutual friends and family. We shared a Salisbury Nip with DB. That would be the last time I would see him and it was a good one. My heart and deep sympathy go to his family. It is a huge loss for a man so loved and appreciated to be taken from us so young. This will be two friends in the past 5 years under the age of 45 whom have left us. Truly sad moments in my life to have lost such good persons. Tom McGonigal - a good friend and wonderful human being.

No comments: